Bar Staff Front Job Description
Place of Work - Manchester
Reporting too - Restaurant Manager/Deputy Manager
Hours - full time
The Bar Staff will be responsible for the smooth operation of a quality bar service in Zouk Tea bar & Grill.
Bar Staff must have excellent presentation and be passionate about food, customer service and the delivery of an effective and efficient product. They must be focused on the customer experience from entry to leaving the restaurant.
The following provides an indicative but not exhaustive list of typical duties, roles and responsibilities applicable of bar staff.
All Bar Staff Should:
• Be over 18 and have some knowledge of alcoholic drinks including wine and cocktails
• Provide friendly and professional customer service
• Operate in accordance with the appropriate Health and Safety; Food Hygiene and Service standards
• Follow delivery guidelines as set out the Staff Handbook
• Undertake appropriate induction training such as Health and Safety, Food Hygiene
• Undertake duties as presented by their manager to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the restaurant
• Undertake a range of duties deemed to be essential for the operation of a bar such as preparation or drinks, table service, setup and close down, stock rotation, cleaning of the bar area etc
• Work a series of shift patterns, as agreed with the line manager, to ensure effective staff coverage
• Wear the designated staff uniform and maintain it in an excellent condition
• Work as a team member General Responsibilities:
• To ensure the delivery of a high quality cost efficient food service.
• To assist the kitchen with preparation and delivery of quality food and table service.
• To implement and maintain high standards of customer service.
• To deal effectively with customer requirement, complaints and service issues.
• To undertake all designated duties with enthusiasm, commitment and to a high standard;
Specific Duties Include:
• Preparing and serving soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, cocktails and wines/beers
• Taking customer orders
• Some elements of food preparation e.g. fruits eg for dressing drinks
• Hot drink preparation – coffee and teas
• Issuing customer bills and receipting payments
• Clearing of tables
• General cleaning duties to include tables, floors, dishes, washrooms, floors
• Providing friendly and appropriate customer interaction
• Stocking drinks, glasses, fruit and food