Tikka Paste Recipe
So BBQ season is not far away and our chefs thought the BBQ fans out there might like a cheeky little tikka paste for marinating meats this BBQ season. So here you go, courtesy of Zouk!
- 2 tablespoons ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon red Chilli powder
- 1 and teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves (dried)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
Crush the peppercorns and coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar or whiz in a spice grinder.
Add crushed spices to a large mixing bowl and then toss in all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly by hand or with a wooden spoon.
This tikka paste will keep for a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If you have time make it the day before so you can marinate the meats you want to cook for a few hours or overnight before slapping them on the BBQ.
Our top 3 ways to use Zouk tikka paste
Smear over Lamb Chops, Chicken Breast or chicken drumsticks for yummy chicken tikka Skewer, BBQ and serve up with salad and chutney.
Let us know what you think of our new recipe by tweeting us at @zoukteabar. Also, if you want to see more of our Zouk recipes, click here.